Debuting with the 2018 Buick Enclave, the new Avenir sub-brand represents the highest expression of Buick luxury. Avenir offers unique styling cues and an extensive set of standard features and premium materials throughout the vehicle. New and versatile functionality, interior spaciousness, and intuitive technologies build on the Enclave’s established popularity.
Aside from the unique dark-tented, 3D mesh grille, pearl-nickel 20" wheels, and a more athletic appearance one of the most notable features on the Buick Avenir model - that will gradually transfer over to a full range of Avenir models - is the SUV's Evonik Acrylite head lamps. The Evonik Acrylite exterior lighting is a Buick-first and will illuminate the road ahead with the power of more than 100 LEDs.
Why has Buick chosen the Enclave SUV to launch the new Avenir sub-brand? Buick says the Enclave embodies the essence of the brand. It’s a beacon for the modern, attainable luxury Buick stands for and is a natural place to launch Avenir.
"Buick-first" is a term that you'll hear a lot in the near future. Not only is the new Avenir sub-brand something totally new from Buick, since early last year Buick has introduced seven new models: including the recently released Regal hatchback and Regal Wagon.
By the fourth quarter of this year, Buick will have the freshest, most modern line-up of vehicles in the industry, with every model being less than 21 months old! Along with this fresh line-up of beautiful vehicles, Buick has maintained its tradition of excellence, and racked up a long list of highly desired awards and accolades; including Kelley Blue Book's most luxury brand award!
Enclave Avenir highlights:
- Available intelligent AWD with active twin-clutch rear differential and Buick-first switchable AWD help improve control and efficiency.
- Standard five-link rear suspension and available continuously variable real-time damping (CDC) offer a refined, isolated ride.
- A standard 3.6L V-6 engine with stop/start technology, Buick-estimated 302 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque is paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission.
- Tow capacity of up to 5,000 pounds is more than enough to tow a typical 21-foot sport boat.
- Buick-first Evonik Acrylite lighting technology provides a distinctive light signature.
- Buick-first Rear Camera Mirror is standard on Avenir. Avenir-exclusive 3-dimensional mesh grille, badging, pearl nickel 20-inch aluminum wheels and luxurious interior materials are standard.
- Standard hands-free power-programmable liftgate with a Buick tri-shield logo illuminates the ground below the hidden sensor and power-folding third row.
- It accommodates seven passengers comfortably and offers more cargo volume behind the first row than the Acura MDX, Audi Q7 and Infiniti QX60.
- It has an all-new body structure for safety, strength and mass efficiency, plus 17 radar, camera and ultrasonic sensors when fully equipped.
- Avenir model comes standard with extensive active safety, connectivity and luxury features for a simple and convenient buying experience.